wheel stud conversion length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel stud conversion length

I know i need 12x1.5 threads, but what length should i choose? i founds a kit with 2.1inch (57mm) studs.

1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

This has all been posted in depth,but I don't know if you can find it with this search engine....
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Depends on whether you need to be using spacers or not. Use the longer BMW studs for spacers, the shorter VW studs if not.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I used 45 mm studs. I had to cut off about 7 mm on the rear wheel studs in order to get it to fit correctly. The front fit with no problem. I assume that the rotor was thick enough to make it work.

Edit:
        OVERALL LENGTH - 2.25" (57MM). NOTE : BECAUSE THIS IS AN EXTENDED STUD, MOST REQUIRE TO USE OPEN END LUG NUTS. SO YOU CAN HAVE MORE WHEELS AND COLOR NUTS CHOICE WITH THE CONVERSION. CONVERSION PITCH - 12MM X 1.5.

They were 57 mm 45 useable length. Either way I had to cut some off the back. I chose to use closed lug nuts though.
        Last edited by Chobobulous; 08-25-2014, 10:05 PM.
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

i used 1.75 they seemed like a pretty good size and i used small spacer up front and still had plenty of thread left. I have a extra set I will if interested. You would need to source your own lug nuts.

Comment

I used the ones for VW.
            Get the Gorilla brand, they are strong.
            I broke some of the Empi brand, they were hallow.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

1.75" is what I used too. You can use longer studs if you have the long "tuner" spline drive nuts, and then you still get closed ended nuts. Those will just about take all the threads on a 1.75" stud, so after you add the thickness of the wheel to it, it's no problem.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                1.75" is what I used too. You can use longer studs if you have the long "tuner" spline drive nuts, and then you still get closed ended nuts. Those will just about take all the threads on a 1.75" stud, so after you add the thickness of the wheel to it, it's no problem.
                You can also get long closed regular nuts too. Search eBay. I forgot I'd bought some for my racing steelies that will definitely get put on before I die, eventually, I'm sure.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                X