Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not enough clearance to slide off ac pully???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not enough clearance to slide off ac pully???

im working on a car in the junk yard and could not for the life of me get the ac pulley around the big center bolt. it hits the inside of the fender no matter what you do. i released the passenger side engine mount and it dropped down a little bit but still not enough. long story short im trying to install a/c on a car that did not come with factory a/c. so what am i doing wrong. it doesn't say muck in the book but to remove it.

Engine needs to be lifted, not dropped, to be able to get the pulley out.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

just another thought-
      Festy and Aspire have different pullys

though i think the alt may be the same- no?

Comment

I had this same problem, and removed the center bolt to get the pulley off. I lowered the motor a little.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

thanks a lot guys. i didnt know the pullys were not the same between the festy and aspire. wonder why and which one is better??

Comment

Originally posted by 2jzkilla View Post
            thanks a lot guys. i didnt know the pullys were not the same between the festy and aspire. wonder why and which one is better??
            A Festiva setup uses a normal V belt and Aspires use a multi groove flat belt like a serpentine belt.

Comment

Working...
            X