Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need assistance on Festiva alignment specs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance on Festiva alignment specs...

Just swapped a motor into my '88 Festiva, which means now I need to align my front wheels. Anyone have measurements for toe-in and other aspects? Also any ideas on how to do this? I have a decent set of tools...need brain upgrade to do the chore.
    Thanks!

I set my toe-in to zero. The toe-in is about the only setting you can change with out installing camber bolts. I have a set of Longacre toe-in plates I use to set mine.

Last edited by Team Lightning; 09-03-2014, 04:29 PM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

YEOWCH! The plates are almost as expensive as a front-en alignment! ($79.00) So, if I get my toe-in set to zero, (front and rear of tire equi-distant apart) then I should be good to go? I did replace the tie-rod ends while I had it down too.

Comment

That should do it. Yes the plates are not cheap but, I have them to use whenever I need them. Also, It makes it easier to do the alignment by yourself too.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Okay, I will give that a try. The tendency right now is for a hard pull to the right...and failure to easily return to center when making a turn. But I can see the tires are not centered...so I will give the tape measure job a shot.

Also, just for giggles...my son totaled my original Festiva, (which is why the engine swap...that motor was much better than the one in the car I made him buy to replace it). when he did, the right form head light assembly was toasted. entirely. Left side is still good. Now of an easy way to score a right side? The replacement car came with some clowns idea that round was better then stock. they aren't!

Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
          X