Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a call, daughter was rearended in black GL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the other lady should be responsible for the repairs. If you have the replacement fender then I would think a body shop should be able to paint match it for you and you might end up with money for sourcing your own parts. She should be fine because she was not moving and the hit was minor. I know a lady that got hit broadside when a car ran a stop sign and after that she was always nervous when she saw cars coming to a stop sign.

Comment

I looked for the cap last night, didn't find it.

The lady was moving, she was making the turn, she was in a 2003 Econoline utility van with painted bumpers and maybe paint transfer was all she got. She was also about 80 and walked with a cane.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is ok Bummer. It may be
        easier to find when it's light out though. Probably
        rolled off the side of the road or something.

Did you guys decide to not go through insurance then?
        Last edited by SWRT; 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM.
        1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

The good news is straight black is the only color that but matches good (meaning just have a spare fender painted black and throw it on and buff the whole car and you should never notice a color difference if painted right) not necessary to blend. Sure it shows more imperfections but for matching paint it's the best, that's one of the few things I learned from my auto body class.

Comment

She's at doctor now, they're saying whiplash, has had a headache all day.

We've contacted the lady's insurance. The alignment is off, I just rebuilt the rack and had it aligned when the 13's were put on.

Will look for cap on way home, got off early today, picking son up from school.
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Forgot to update, insurance gave me a little over $1000 for the car, but I get to keep it and no salvage title.

We noticed in the second pic that the headlight is pushed back a bit, not sure what's going on there.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

^That's a great deal.

Whiplash sucks, I'm sure. But $1k for the damage (just from looks) ain't bad.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                X