Alignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignments

So how are you guys doing your alignments? I did mine today, and the car just doesn't seem right. Ever since I put on my new larger wheels and wider tires, my car is very sensitive on the highway. I think I aligned it correctly but doesn't feel right.

This is a video I made on How I do my alignments at home

Alignment on a Ford ZX2:*http://youtu.be/ZFSHhulWtM0
    Last edited by TheGageinator; 09-04-2014, 10:14 PM.
    1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

If the rear track width is different than the front then that calculation will need to be measured and factored. If the rear has a slightly bent spindle this way will need more measurements to detect that because that will also throw a false reading to the front. It would be good to spin the tires first to make sure the rims are true, especially using steely wheels, even tire machines can bend them a little. Back to the width, some of us run Aspire front or rear suspensions but not both at the same time and they are not the same width. One different rim style can also mess with the width. And that throws off the toe a lot. A great video though, and that works good as long as the exceptions are checked for first.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply. My method isn't perfect, but its good to get everything close. On my new car I always take it to a shop and just pay $50.

I think maybe my passenger side rear single could be bent or something throwing off my alignment.
      Last edited by TheGageinator; 09-05-2014, 07:51 AM.
      1996 Ford Aspire 105kmiles

Comment

Your method is real clever and will get toe just as good as the alignment rack and computer can. You were especially clean and clear with your readings and that makes it even more likely for a successful toe set. With our stock cars and nothing bent this is all you need. There are probably some more ways to do this out there too?
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
        X