well, got her down the road...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, got her down the road...

Performed the weber swap not too long ago. Took the car to the gas station to get some new gas in it and it runs great..in first, second and third. On smooth ground it runs in fourth fairly good on flat ground, but as soon as a small hill hill or anything is involved, it bogs down bad and goes from about 55-40 in no time flat. it didn't happen as much until i filled up the tank. Low idle, still has jets that came with the carb. someone mentioned i might need a vented gas cap, went to advance auto parts, guy had never heard of a vented gas cap. so i left without one. what would the first suggestion be to get this thing tuned correctly? that is if thats the problem.

Don't tighten the gas cap on. Leave it loose. Tune with a vacuum gauge. Turn the idle screw until you get maximum vacuum at idle.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

What have you done to it as far as main jets? Webers typically come set up for much larger engines than ours. Try a 100 primary main, not the 140 that is probably in there.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X