B3 Valve springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 Valve springs

Hello everybody! New to the site and Festivas. Wanted one for a while, anyway I have a question for my first post. I'm putting a re ring kit in my 91 GL I just bought and I've started on the head and checking my valve spring height there around 20 thousands (.020) undersized. Book calls for 1.717 min. OK I just get some new ones. Seams easier said than done I've looked over the internet trying to find some and have had no luck with it. Should I be looking for a Kia part or Mazda or what? Any help would be very helpful. Thank Yall

How many miles on the motor? I have not seen where people commonly install new valve springs. These motors are ridiculously long-lived with minimal maintenance. But that being said, IDK what kind of attention it got over the years.
    Last edited by TominMO; 09-21-2014, 07:14 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

170,000 Don't know history on the car I just bought it but was smoking when I bought it with no knocks. Bores checked out good but rings wore so the re-ring. Combustion chambers has a lot of carbon/burnt oil build up. One exhaust valve not seating good with build up on seat. My need exhaust valves.

Comment

Originally posted by Skxawng View Post
        170,000 Don't know history on the car I just bought it but was smoking when I bought it with no knocks. Bores checked out good but rings wore so the re-ring. Combustion chambers has a lot of carbon/burnt oil build up. One exhaust valve not seating good with build up on seat. My need exhaust valves.
        Yeah, it wasn't maintained well, i.e. oil changes. Probably a valve job. But the springs should still be fine, I would think.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

try looking for ford aspire valve springs as far as I know almost everything can be swapped from the aspire engine to the 91 fistiva engine there is a few changes to intake manifold and exhaust but besides the the heads are interchangeable as long as you use corresponding intake/exhaust
          Last edited by my3rdball; 09-21-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

genuine ford replacement available from GREEN SALES in OH. part# E8GZ6513A. intake/exhaust are the same. also available from mazda. same spring as used in the 121,323, protege SOHC engines. part# B632 12 125B. no longer available from kia USA or 4GREEN. part# KK15012125.

Comment

Thanks for the info just ordered from Greens!

Comment

Working...
              X