Would appreciate suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would appreciate suggestions

...what to pay for a good carb cylinder head (complete w/cam) in order to be fair. I'm talking something in really good shape, ready to run, no more than say 100K- 125K miles on it, and then also a low end core for rebuilding. What do you think?
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

I'd struggle to pay more than $100 for a good condition straight cylinder head from any SOHC B-Series. I paid $20 for my last low end core for rebuilding.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Thanks for answering, I'm not knowledgeable about prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
        I'd struggle to pay more than $100 for a good condition straight cylinder head from any SOHC B-Series. I paid $20 for my last low end core for rebuilding.
        I would agree with these prices. Good used engines are only worth 100-200, if you can find a buyer.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Real life situation of 'supply' and 'demand'. My leftover B3 heads went straight to the recycle (pennies to the pound for contaminated (included steel) aluminum) this summer. On the other hand if you know what you've got and can attract an interested buyer that already knows, or has discovered that such an item can't be had for love or money otherwise, then the monetary situation changes drastically.

NOS supercharger for a 45 Packard-Merlin has no inherent value to me (just takes up lots of space in the garage on the off chance that somebody else might want one someday) but to an aviation restoration firm with a sponsored deadline Spitfire or Typhoon on the go, and that needs one, might easily generate 10-20K, no questions asked.
          Difficult to be at the right place at the right time no matter which side of the fence you're sitting on!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I value & appreciate yout opinions. I know it's a relative kind of question but that's where opinions help. HEY BERT, did you used to 'drive' a spitfire, or maybe a typhoon?

Comment

Working...
            X