Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first thing you guys did to your Festiva???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo, rims, tint, exhaust, moved into brake swaps, engine swaps and suspension and haven't looked back.... Although I'm getting the itch for a set of subwoofers again...

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Drain all fluids. Replace stock oil drain plug with a magnetic drain plug. Bleed all brake lines with brand new brake fluid. Reverse flush rad, engine block and heater core with water and then refill. Drain gas tank, remove fuel level sender, replace fuel pickup sock, replace fuel filter, fill with non ethanol gas.

Comment

the first thing you should do, i agree with everyone is do a complete preventative maintenance overhaul.
        replace/ repair all old/ failing components back to stock at least.

but on a side note, the drop in air k&n air filter 33-222 would be a great first modification to start with.
        cheap and easy.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Drain all fluids. Replace stock oil drain plug with a magnetic drain plug. Bleed all brake lines with brand new brake fluid. Reverse flush rad, engine block and heater core with water and then refill. Drain gas tank, remove fuel level sender, replace fuel pickup sock, replace fuel filter, fill with non ethanol gas.
          Oh yeah; did all the above, without hardly thinking...except messing with the gas tank stuff, even got a magnetic drain plug. The brakes gave me fits awhile; even a serious malfunction, caused by lack of lubrication on one of the pins the front calipers are supposed to "float" on-to be able to locate on the disc while cornering.

What turned out to be another early conundrum, was probably due to a plastic shield type deflector gone missing from the front end's lower bodywork; allowing water into the air filter then engine, bending a connecting rod-driving during a storm in Tillamook, OR with a poorly marked detour, a bunch of other vehicles were successfully ignoring.
          '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
            the drop in air k&n air filter 33-222 would be a great first modification to start with.
            cheap and easy.
            Got one of those too, fairly early on...
            '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

built this intake manifold

Comment

Well, it was my third one, but this is the first thing I did to it.
                uew1.jpg
                Last edited by Icedawg; 10-23-2014, 01:18 AM.
                Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Brake bleed, replaced bulbs, full wash.
                  Ben Rogers, Admin of the
                  Facebook Group

'93 Festiva GL "Frito" (Travelled in 36 US States & 4 Canadian Provinces)

'91 Festiva L "Barry Bluejeans"
                  '95 Dickmeyer Aspire SE "Dortmund" (SOLD to jbibb1)
                  '91 Festiva L "Fermina" (SOLD to Hulspowered)
                  '93 Festiva L "Tallsmallcar" (SOLD to Stretch and Skeeters_Keeper)

Watch "It's a Festiva", my short film!

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

drove it for over a year without having to put a dime into it. than it was rear wheel bearing time. than rear wheel bearing time again. than front end parts time. than rear wheel bearing time again. than spindle time. than no more rear wheel bearings. a bent spindle will fry the bearings. Lest i forget the weekly oil top off. it wasnt named puddles for no reason. than axle mount repair. than i sold it. but, its back, and under the knife. gotta get it rust free by all means necessary! lol
                    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Working...
                    X