rear seat driver; for a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear seat driver; for a Festiva?

this imaginative Citroen gave rise to an idea, that having the front seats for passengers, while a rear seat in the center for the driver; could be feasible with a Festiva? [http://www.citroenet.org.uk/prototypes/karin/karin.html

I don't know how effective relocation of all the driver controls, to the rear of the seating compartment could be; though if efficiently done, perhaps the car would be possible for a less than munificent owner to realize?

With elevation of the driver, to be able to see over the passengers in front; this would seem to favor having the center seat for the pilot, as far to the rearward as possible. Thus, an even more commodious interior might be possible; with several passengers more than the standard seating?

I'd have the car's "backseat" driver's head, nearly at the glass of the rear hatchback door; so perhaps even the third tier of occupants, within the vehicle...not unlike someone running things from a rumble seat-except enclosed, while also in the middle of the vehicle...good, for additional stowage-on either side of that most stern seat...whose head would nearly be through the roof.

Perhaps even an enclosed "bubble" could be effected; like the canopy of a WW II fighter plane-for the driver, to be able to sit peering out over the roof-at the road ahead? All the controls and instruments, neatly in the forward section of the greenhouse of the pod.
    Last edited by bobstad; 10-25-2014, 08:17 PM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Looks like the Jetson's flying transport. Maybe the flying car may become a reality in our lifetime.

Nice execution of a concept though. Clean lines. Good visibility. You would probably cook yourself on a sunny day.
    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
    X