If an FMS replacement was to open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
    i'll bet 30 sets made to order with all clear lenses would sell. i'd take 2 meself.
    Agreed!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
      I have been toying with an idea lately and wanted to get some input from some of the members. If there was to be a replacement to FMS, what would you guys like to see in regards to what the store would carry? Just aftermarket and performance, or also standard replacement parts that you can get at Rockauto and numerous other outlets?

I don't want to use this thread to bash FMS: Roger provided a great service while he was in business. The largest detriment to the business was communication, of which I am aware. A function website with the ability to order online and ask questions by email is important.

Let me know your thoughts.

Just for a little teaser: got these in yesterday:

Not so old thread! Living in the rust belt where Festys disappeared off the roads already 15 years ago and from the local junkyards 10 years ago I do have some experience (owned and drove 3 of these cars from 2004 to 2014) with trying to get hold of decent headlights. 9 out of ten salvage-find cars had failed units (ie worthless) already 10 years ago and FMS and a few other Internet jobbers at the time had new ones for sale for $100-200 each. When you've just bought a $50 car and face a bill of $100 (plus shipping) just for a single headlamp (without bulb) it does affect your judgement.
      How much money are you proposing to re-sell these for? Insignificant small detail but of immense value to someone with a horribly corroded unit that barely reflects light anymore. And that has been told through conventional autopart means that these items no longer exist, and by the local garage that the car will never pass a safety as a consequence.

Comment

• ^ Those of us who really care about keeping these cars alive and nice will fork out money for parts like these, we're not all cheap, a lot of us here can afford to drive more expensive cars.. We choose to drive these because we enjoy them, those of us like that have money to spend on new parts such as these..
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
          ^ Those of us who really care about keeping these cars alive and nice will fork out money for parts like these, we're not all cheap, a lot of us here can afford to drive more expensive cars.. We choose to drive these because we enjoy them, those of us like that have money to spend on new parts such as these..
          Completely agreed.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Well there goes having different tail lights. Good deal , I'll end up getting a set so my trailer matches my car
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
              ^ Those of us who really care about keeping these cars alive and nice will fork out money for parts like these, we're not all cheap, a lot of us here can afford to drive more expensive cars.. We choose to drive these because we enjoy them, those of us like that have money to spend on new parts such as these..
              Bert doesn't understand that though, that's why he always says how these cars are dying off and no point putting money into them

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                Bert doesn't understand that though, that's why he always says how these cars are dying off and no point putting money into them
                Yeah.. Every chance he gets to it seems! Lol
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Any car is going to need maintenance. The fact that we get Festivas really cheap means we have more $$ to keep them running right. I always buy the best-quality parts I can get my hands on. So what if you put $1000 into a $50 car? You now have a great-running, reliable car for $1050. With enough new parts, you functionally have a new car. Look at what new cars cost today.....
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Would anyone be interested in running dual injector setups on b engines?

Comment

I've got 10 acres and 11 festivas. Working my way there.
                      AWESOME! However, I found out the hard way that you need to protect a car from critters who will try to live in/destroy parts and wiring in your engine bay. I had a Festiva I intend to resurrect sitting in a field for a year and literally saw a rat or some kind of very large (and suprised) rodent poke it's head up from a pile of sticks and fluff when I opened the hood up. If I could have caught it I would have broke its neck with glee. I towed my Festiva out of the country field it was in and to my home's cement driveway the next day.

As far as starting up a new FMS, I'm all for one-stop shopping. JY-diving, FourGreen, Green Sales, eBay and Ford dealers is frustrating at best. Even members on here is aggravating at times. I've had TWO junior members commit to sell me their Festiva and then back out of the deal. I'd recommend focusing on parts that can't be purchased at a typical auto parts store (less inventory to hassle with and less $$$ to have to fork out for you). I totally agree that anyone who provides a service to others deserves to make a little money if they want, but anyone who charges exorbant prices for Festiva parts, especially parts in poor condition, is no friend of mine.
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Still all good ideas, guys! Thanks! Any interest in a grille like this:
                        Woah! Absolutely interested in this kind of grille! You made that yourself? I'd pay $50 for one of these if the fiberglass is thick/durable contruction.\

I also 2nd the recommendation for selling all parts needed for an Aspire swap. I constantly see people asking for that and I'm one of them who needs a complete set.
                        Last edited by Twistiva; 11-24-2014, 12:43 PM.
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                          pics are under a new thread in general discussion so as not to continue to hijack nonames topic. thanks.
                          Gotta link? I am not finding said thread
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• I would be interested in a front lower fiberglass air-dam that could pop rivet to a stock festiva bumper or maybe even a sporty front fiberglass bumper? fiberglass fender flares?
                            Just a few parts I would be into. Thanks

Comment

• Lexan windows. Fiber hatch.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
                                Gotta link? I am not finding said thread
                                The Festiva Store
                                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X