Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie autocross season: took 2nd place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie autocross season: took 2nd place.

Hey guys just thought i'd share since you are the only people who would think its cool that someone races a ford festiva.
    The season is over and I ended up taking 2nd place overall in SMF (street modified fwd) in a field of 36 drivers in the old red Deathstiva.
    Overall the car was awesome all year with only one major issue where the front cross member broke off its factory welds. (i guess you cant triple the factory power without issues )
    These cars are great and are a blast to drive on the autocross course, i wish more people did it.

Winter is coming and so i'm going to park it and fix a few things in preparation for next year.
    Anybody else autocrossing these things anymore? I cant be the only idiot doing this.

in case anybody missed it in the other thread, heres a vid of the last race we did with my brother riding shotgun.

Getting the hang of this stupid thing. I was getting crazy oversteer all day and finally pieced a decent run together dropping 3 seconds from the rest of the...
    "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

congrats and kool video
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Nice video, congrats guy
      sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

No you are not the only idiot that does this kinda stuff with their festy!!

There are Ice racers, Rally racers, Drag racers, all here on FF.com

Here is a link to WTFestiva. He rally's his Festy.

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ally-coming-up
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I'll be autocrossing one of mine next year. I've been autoxing my Mazda 2 for the past two years and have enjoyed it. What mods are done to the car besides a swap?

Comment

Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
            I'll be autocrossing one of mine next year. I've been autoxing my Mazda 2 for the past two years and have enjoyed it. What mods are done to the car besides a swap?
            Nice, a Mazda 2 would probably clean up in one of the stock classes like H stock. I met a guy who dominated H stock all year in a toyota Yaris.

mods on the Festiva are pretty simple, BP swap with a hydro G trans. Turbocharged using a mitsu 14b, raceland coilovers and aspire front brakes. I did the season on toyo R888 tires and will be switching to hoosier A6's for next season with possibly a reverse stagger with 13x8 wheels in the front and keep the 13x7's in the rear.

Here's a pic from earlier this year with said Yaris in the background.
            "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Working...
            X