Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To festiva or not to festiva....(need your help guys!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To festiva or not to festiva....(need your help guys!)

I have a bit of a dilemma here. As you can see, ive been a member of these boards for over a year.....but still no festiva. I have the opportunity to buy one off a member on here, for $900 with a spare b6t motor and tranny ( not even sure if its the good tranny I need). If I were back at home (im off to college right now) I would jump on this without thinking twice. However, now that im at school, I dont really drive much and I dont know if I NEED another project. Sure it would be cool to finally have a festiva, but that $900 is $900 I could put towards the tranny I want for my mustang. If I did buy it, it would be nice because I could drive home for little money, but I also couldnt swap the b6t in until at least next spring. Basically if I bought it I could save a LITTLE on gas, and have a daily driver but it would also be a second money pit for my broke college ass. If I didnt buy it I would save on insurance, be able to buy that tranny I want, but also not have a sweet little festiva that will get me to school when my mustang breaks down. Also, I dont have a job right now because I just moved back to Tampa. What do you guys think?
    My Mods/Pics
    MY VIDEO

I think its a decision only you can make.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Ok, well maybe you can help. From my understanding, all I would have for te b6t swap is the entire b6t motor, engine wiring harness, and the g25 tranny( not the hydraulic one). What else would i need for the swap other then axles, downpipe, intake, motor mounts and tranny mounts? Is that a strong enough tranny? How many MPG does your b6t car get?
      My Mods/Pics
      MY VIDEO

Comment

if i was you and money was tight, id keep my $900. if you have a car and are in college focus on that, and dont spread yourself to thin. $900 still buys a considerable amount of gas for trips home.
        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Ditto. I have a line on a 89 right now for $800, it's an auto in fine condition, low km's, the works. I'm really tempted to buy it (I just totalled my 93 L) but I'm going to university in January and it only costs me $32 for a bus pass, so I figure I may as well save the initial cost, gas, insurance, plus all the upkeep, and take the bus for a year, then buy something nicer next summer. Education first dude! hahahah, but seriously, if you do it, just make sure you won't regret it next spring when your totally broke and in school. Just my 2 cents.
          A Festiva saved my life.
          Former owner of a '93 L.
          Rolled her at 120 km/h and walked away.
          R.I.P. "747"

Comment

Working...
          X