my best race yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my best race yet

i just raced a 2015 veloster turbo from a dead stop to about 125mph. we took off & my front tires were smoking i could see him coming up on me in the left corner of my eye then i banged second gear and a little more tire spin and i got him about a half car length.

then i hit 3rd gear and was ahead by about a car length, then i shifted into 4th and was only about a little over a car length ahead. my gps showed 128 when i let off. ive heard those will run 150mph.

i was in barbie car b6t @15psi rocketman ecu and stock tranny with spec stage 2 clutch
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Amazing! Wonder what the Veloster guy thought? :-)
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

:thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Awesome!!
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

he was cool and gave me the thumbs up. i figured i would be lots faster but maybe the tire spin slowed me a little

Comment

Wonderful rush to appear to be piloting a housewife car and thoroughly surprise some cat that believed that he owns something peppy. Festy: the ultimate Q ship. You knew what was in there but likely as not he's been scratching ever since and is gonna be headed for his shop or tuner to say "Do something about this; a lousy Swift, Metro, or was it a GD Festiva, passed me on the road today".

Comment

No, Bert. "Fiesta".
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post

i was in barbie car b6t @15psi rocketman ecu and stock tranny with spec stage 2 clutch
                Danny, how do you like the Spec clutch? I'll be running essentially the same setup you have in Barbie car but haven't finalized my clutch selection. Do you have the Festiva clutch or the Metro one?

Cheers
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^ian the festiva one with a e series you dont want to much clutch or the tranny wont last(ive heard)

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    Wonderful rush to appear to be piloting a housewife car and thoroughly surprise some cat that believed that he owns something peppy. Festy: the ultimate Q ship. You knew what was in there but likely as not he's been scratching ever since and is gonna be headed for his shop or tuner to say "Do something about this; a lousy Swift, Metro, or was it a GD Festiva, passed me on the road today".

Comment

Sweet! Did you install those injectors I cleaned for you?
                      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

yes and you gave me a great deal! tks mark

Comment

Working...
                        X