NEED HELP!`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!`

I'm in southern ontario and my exhaust pipe rusted away from the muffler to the point it's just hanging. I can't find a replacement pipe and have no welding experience. Anyone in the area know a good place to find the rear muffler part where it won't cost me an arm and a leg? I can't put a patch on it because it separated right in front of the muffler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See if you can find the right size pipe at an auto-parts store to jam into the hole in the muffler, as a temporary fix. You can perhaps make it more permanent with JB Weld. But the long-term answer of course is to get a new muffler and pipe.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks yeah going to head to a parts store get a pipe that will fit in both ends cut it to size and shove it in. I think i'll use some exhaust pipe patch tape to hold it in place. Hopefully it works!

Comment

A better way to hold it in place would be to use two L-shaped brackets. Not the flat ones. Screw one arm of the L into the muffler end, then use a couple of hose clamps to secure the other arm to the pipe.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X