Forum Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Articles

After reading several post by new members & old on grill mods , etc , I went back and read/skimmed over the Article section of our Forum.
    Lots of great info that can answer 90% of the new members questions.
    I think all new members should be directed to this section.
    Its easy to understand with its mostly step by step instructions.

Maybe some of the newer post should be added there also.
    Last edited by Pu241; 11-18-2014, 06:50 PM.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

A shame that so many of the older articles and posts have dead links and/or pictures, but there is a LOT of good info despite that.
    "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Agreed. A lot of good stuff way down there. That's the problem, its way down there and most newbies don't scroll all the way down. Shoot, most of the long time members forget that it is down there. I know I have written articles and then see a question asked that could be easily answered by the article, but no one knows it is down there.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Navdoc101 and nonamekid, agree with both of you. We need to start directing them to that resource.
        maybe those that use it will also direct other to it.
        Navdoc101, i'm in the process of making articles out of some of the more recent posts.
        Suggestions are welcome.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

John, could the articles be moved further up the list on the main page? Even switching the regional forums and articles sections may help. What about putting a link to the articles section as a sticky in each forum section? Just thinking out loud... hopefully I don't disturb the neighbours
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Fastiavaca, I like the idea of moving the article up further in the page format.
            I'll see what can be done as I do not have the god like powers of an admin.
            As to putting a stickey at the top of each forum section, we can barely get people to read the rules of the For Sale section.
            So I don't know that would have much of an affect.
            I do appreciate the suggestions!
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

where are these articles that you speak of? link?

Comment

Originally posted by Skrapbob View Post
                where are these articles that you speak of? link?
                Click the forum button at the top of the page and scroll all the way down to the bottom. Here is the link if that doesn't work for you: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/fo...php?7-Articles
                Last edited by nonamekid; 11-18-2014, 04:22 PM.
                The Festiva Store

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                  I'll see what can be done as I do not have the god like powers of an admin.
                  Can you please fix the title of this topic: It should be "Forum Articles".
                  Last edited by nonamekid; 11-18-2014, 04:24 PM.
                  The Festiva Store

Comment

[QUOTE=Skrapbob;673994]where are these articles that you speak of? link?[/QUOTE

At the top of the Page you'll see Home , Forum , Chat , Etc.
                    Go to Forum & scrool down to the bottom.
                    Click on Articles.
                    You are there, have fun.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

OK, I may not put this correctly, but you will get my idea.
                      How about changing the first posts heading, from whoever started it, to read "GRILL Mod". If there are more than one, the second could be "GILL MOD 2".
                      Then they could be put in the ARTICLES section under INTERIOR.
                      There are many really well done articles within the many posts at this forum. As it goes and grows it is harder to wade through and find exactly what one is looking for. It is even harder to go back a day later to find what you had just read the day before.
                      As replies to a post chime in, the facts about the main subject gets muddied up. Maybe deleting the superfluous chatter would shorten the article down to just the bare facts.
                      Another problem I have is remembering the names of LINKS to parts suppliers or sources for odd items mentioned within a post. I would like to see them in a format like ARTICLES and put under headings that suited their category, like HOOD STRUTS or BRAKE LINES. I know it might be redundant, but sometimes you are just looking for an item and not the story.
                      If someone had the talent, and inclination, they could make a really good article out of one subject like GRILL MODS, THE BASICS.
                      I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                        Can you please fix the title of this topic: It should be "Forum Articles".
                        LOL that is one of my god like powers! Done
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Frogman,
                          Understand the concept you are trying to put into words.
                          That maybe something we can do later.
                          Just getting some of the nicely photographed and outlined procedures stripped of the irrelevant "chatter" is about all I can do.
                          And I'm even behind in that!
                          Thanks for your thoughts!
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by frogman View Post
                            OK, I may not put this correctly, but you will get my idea.
                            How about changing the first posts heading, from whoever started it, to read "GRILL Mod". If there are more than one, the second could be "GILL MOD 2".
                            Then they could be put in the ARTICLES section under INTERIOR.
                            There are many really well done articles within the many posts at this forum. As it goes and grows it is harder to wade through and find exactly what one is looking for. It is even harder to go back a day later to find what you had just read the day before.
                            As replies to a post chime in, the facts about the main subject gets muddied up. Maybe deleting the superfluous chatter would shorten the article down to just the bare facts.
                            Another problem I have is remembering the names of LINKS to parts suppliers or sources for odd items mentioned within a post. I would like to see them in a format like ARTICLES and put under headings that suited their category, like HOOD STRUTS or BRAKE LINES. I know it might be redundant, but sometimes you are just looking for an item and not the story.
                            If someone had the talent, and inclination, they could make a really good article out of one subject like GRILL MODS, THE BASICS.
                            This is something you can do. Find a thread with the information you want, quote all the relevant information you are looking for, and then copy and paste into a new topic. You can then create the title you want for it. You can then also pull all other topics on the same thing into your topic by the same method. I would suggest providing a link to the original topic so people can see the irrelevant discussion that went along with it. This roughly how I created the FAQ for manual transmission swaps. When I compiled that article, I had yet to do a trans swap, but I knew all the information was available, just not in one place.
                            The Festiva Store

Comment

Working...
                            X