Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey I just met you And this is crazy...but I love every one of you, baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I just met you And this is crazy...but I love every one of you, baby!

Bought my first Festiva in '98, a 1990 LX w/AC had 90k on it, had 8 since, just bought most recent yesterday...

I adore these cars! I have delivered newspapers for 22 years, and for the first 6 years, I wore out car after car. Then a fellow carrier friend complained bitterly about the brakes on her Festiva needing replaced, while I was going through cars almost as often as she did brakes. The rest is history, as they say.

I have driven these until they rust away, for the most part, giving one to my Dad at 310k miles, until some Truck rear-ended him at a stop light 20k miles later. Insurance company gave him $900 for his free car! hehehe

I've put more than 700k miles on 7 of those Festivas over the years, averaging 34 mpg with my 5-speeds, and 27 mpg with my autos...and that is stop-and-go to the extreme! Oh, and btw, if you have not already learned of the beauty of High Mileage oil (I have a favorite brand, but read forum rules and am unsure if that is cool or not), I gain 10% in mileage with it.

I am thrilled to have found this site, after looking for parts over at RockAuto.com, their Car Club link directed me here, and I've pretty much had a grin on my face ever since!

If anyone is interested, I'll post a few pics of my newest, a '93, which I traded 2 other broken FFs, my broken Mazda MPV, and $500 for...possibly the best deal I've ever made!

Welcome to the forum!

There is a lot of info and parts available here. Good peeps for sure here also.

And yes we want pics!
    Last edited by drddan; 11-19-2014, 01:53 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

There is a lot of info and parts available here. Good peeps for sure here also.

And yes we want pics!
      ditto and yes, we love pics!
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Fantastic for delivering papers after you take out the front passenger seat. Of course you can use one of the climate levers to hang plastic bags as you go down the road.

Comment

Working...
          X