Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Inheritance

Hello friends.
    My name is Jake Thomas. I turned 42 yesterday. I live in upstate SC, and although I've drove a Festi for a long time (off and on), I've just inherited a treasure trove of Festiva .
    My father died of a motorcycle accident Oct 7. Mitchell Thomas was a great dad, father , pastor who enjoyed a lifelong love of car restoration. Although surrendering to the ministry in the ear80's to pastor a small rural church, mechanic was his vocation. He ran "Mickey's Garage" paint & body shop for 30 years putting me and my late Brother Mitch through school. He had over 100 festis in his junkyard in the late 90's, developed a love for the little car (always keeping me & my bro in wheels), but upon retiring sold or crushed them all @2002..............but he was hooked. it wasn't long he traded for a running festiva, and keeping with his collector nature, soon had built a few festis to sell (or give to needy family & others) and the junk yard field soon had another festiva section!
    FESTIVA MADNESS attendees may remember my dad. He had the "Festero" truck conversion painted fire engine red with 2 white stripes the length of the car.
    Anyway...this is what he left me:
    - 14 junk festivas
    - 2 running gl's
    - 2 "festero" truck conversions (one is best of show FMadness circa 2010)
    - 4 Mercury Capri turbo donor cars. ( all complete, 2 or more will run im pretty sure)

With y'alls help, I look forward to sharing my journey in making one of the worlds Baddest Festivas!
    '89 Isuzu Trooper
    '98 Toyt Previa

Good gravy man. That's a collection

Comment

I know, right! Thanks
      '89 Isuzu Trooper
      '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Sad to hear of your fathers death. I too inherited my dads "Pride and Joy". Im torn with selling it or fixing it up... If it doesnt sell in another week im fixing it.
        N3WBI3

Comment

I remember your dad. Sorry to hear about him passing. That was a beautiful truck he had.
          Welcome to the site!!
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Sorry to hear that's unfortunate
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Thanks for the condolences. It's tough.
              '89 Isuzu Trooper
              '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

My dad died last year. It's brutal. The worst experience of my life. I remember your dad. My buddy jack built a blue festiva pickup. The two trucks were side by side at madness one year. Your dad was nice. I'm sorry. I know.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Sorry to hear :/

From FM5
                  Attached Files
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

sorry for your loss. i remember him also and the little red truck(i voted for it) put one of those b6t engines and tranny in that little truck and it will scream. (shadetree is very reasonable and did a great job on mine)
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Thats my silver car next to your dad's , I talked with your dad at the meet . I had a hard top for one of his capris he wanted but we never got together for the top. Sorry about your loss and good luck with your new festivas.
                      Last edited by william; 11-21-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I remember that truck as well, great job your dad did.

Welcome to the site, and to your new hobby!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I met your dad at FM7. Nice guy and a beautiful trucktiva.
                          I have pics from that meet in my photo album.

Sorry to hear of you dads passing
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thank you.
                            So just the engine & tranny from the capri will fit, or put the whole unit in, or what should be the "grand plan" given all this material?
                            '89 Isuzu Trooper
                            '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

thank you.
                              '89 Isuzu Trooper
                              '98 Toyt Previa

Comment

Working...
                              X