Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear seat safety belt

Hello,
    has anybody ever build in a middle safety belt for the rear seat? I need to take all of my three kids with me but they are all not yet allowed to sit on the front seat. So I thought about getting one at a junk yard and attach it with the bolts for the side ones. Is that kind of legal?
    Thanks, Wolf
    per ardura ad astra

I would imagine its illegal since the car was only designed for four occupants.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

both of my JDM festiva 3 doors have rear center belts as do a lot of euro kia prides. it might be a US reg that kept them out of our festivas but more likely just cheapness on fords part. this center belt was still available new from 4GREEN last year for about $18. its for a 5 door philippine pride. i can't remember if the US festiva has provisions in the floor pan to bolt these in though. KK34357740B04.

Comment

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know!
        per ardura ad astra

Comment

I put the middle set in using the inboard pair of bolts for the factory installed belts. Works just fine.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
          X