Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor 'Cubby' Part Number

Guys -

Can anyone tell me the Ford or Kia part number for the SMALL storage cubby? (This is the small squarish storage box that attaches from underneath the dash and sits down near the floor. I think this was standard on later L models as well as the L+?) Prefer Ford part number if able because I think Ford made many parts more robust/stronger.

GreenSales and my local Ford parts dealer said their computers only pulled up parts for the longer 'consolette' (the storage unit that has the cubby and the elongated shroud that goes around the stick shift. For what it's worth, the longer cubby consolette has the following Ford part numbers:

Long 'consolette', brown - E8BZ 6104 5A 36C (not in stock from Ford dealers)
    Long 'consolette', gray - E8BZ 6104 5A 36D (not in stock from Ford dealers)

Looking to buy a brand new small brown one (non-consolette) if they're still available.

Thanks!

Edit:

BTW, I did find this on FourGreen but I don't know if these part numbers are the storage cubby or not:
    KK1916432109 - $10.29
    KK1916432138 - $10.29

Can anyone confirm what these Kia part numbers are?
    Last edited by Twistiva; 11-24-2014, 07:22 PM.
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

The 1st number appears to be the center console/box assembly for an automatic according to this;

I couldn't come up with a pic for the 2nd number.

Comment

this is a tuff one. ford lists 5 front consoles but doesn't specify whether its the consolette or the full one. by process of elimination, the consolettes would be: E9BZ61045A36B - beige. E9BZ61045A36A - gray. there was also a sandalwood for 1990. F0BZ61045A36D. none of these are available anymore. i don't think Kia ever put the small box in even their cheapest model.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        this is a tuff one. ford lists 5 front consoles but doesn't specify whether its the consolette or the full one. by process of elimination, the consolettes would be: E9BZ61045A36B - beige. E9BZ61045A36A - gray. there was also a sandalwood for 1990. F0BZ61045A36D. none of these are available anymore. i don't think Kia ever put the small box in even their cheapest model.

F3BZ -

Hey, thanks a bunch for looking this up. From the diagram I see that "045A36" is the same "group number" (if that's the correct term) for both the small storage box and the larger one. My only question is, based on the sticky of standard/optional equipment I was under the impression that the larger storage box was the "consolette"?

My Ford parts guy confirmed that no Ford dealer has the smaller cubbys in stock. I'll have to call Green Sales tomorrow and cross my fingers.

Thanks again!

Comment

maybe. it's a fungible term. i just consider them both consoles so the abbreviated version i just call a consolette. you can punch the #s into GREENs search box but you will have no joy. there are still decent ones show up on ebay and in the yards that might pass for near new.

Comment

maybe. it's a fungible term. i just consider them both consoles so the abbreviated version i just call a consolette. you can punch the #s into GREENs search box but you will have no joy. there are still decent ones show up on ebay and in the yards that might pass for near new.
            Yeah, tried Green Sales. No love. And my Ford dealer. Same. Amazon? Forget it. I'd try FourGreen but I don't know a Kia part number for the small cubby version. I've bought a total of 4 cubbys used and all of them have cuts/gouges in the plastic. Might be the best I can do. Bummer. Thx again for your help, though. I'd kill to have your microfiche machine!

Comment

I might have a decent grey one.
              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Email Katja at Karl-Heinz Unglaub [adunglaub@online.de]

Tell her you want a Kia Pride cubby with switches.

Karl prefers Edsels. His wrecking yard is right across the street from McDonalds in Meerane.

That console screws right in. I rubbed off the power window lettering and replaced the switches.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 11-27-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

i think he's interested in the 1 pc L trim bin. doesn't have the removable shelf or storage insert.

Comment

this just might be a n.american specific feature. can't find pics of the bin in any kia/mazda parts illustrations. check out what the Japanese models got on their bottom feeder models. they just eliminated the bin altogether. and the radio. and the armrests. but you still get a dash bin. it's just not a cool bin anymore without an AC system.

Last edited by F3BZ; 11-29-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

i think he's interested in the 1 pc L trim bin. doesn't have the removable shelf or storage insert.
                      Yep, absolutely right. My LX will have the full 'consolette' but not my L....just the small cubby.

this just might be a n.american specific feature. can't find pics of the bin in any kia/mazda parts illustrations. check out what the Japanese models got on their bottom feeder models. they just eliminated the bin altogether. and the radio. and the armrests. but you still get a dash bin. it's just not a cool bin anymore without an AC system.

That top right picture is how my 88L is....no cubby at all. The only 'extra' it had was a crappy AM/FM stereo. That in-dash cooler is kind of neat. Freshtiva said it holds a 12 oz. can of soda nicely. Could be nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X