Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone on here draw me a CAD file of Festiva head lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone on here draw me a CAD file of Festiva head lights?

So im trying to make a mold to make clear head light lenses. Well I was using the original head lights to make the cast. I failed on 2 attempts trying to remove the lenses. So I either need to sacrifice another headlight (which are getting hard to find!) or if someone on here can create me a cad file and save it in .stl format i can have my neighbor cut me some on his cnc out of MDF. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate!

Thanks

Can someone on here draw me a CAD file of Festiva head lights?

They also have smoked sets as well, I used to have a pair on my old green BP festy
    Last edited by Damkid; 12-01-2014, 01:05 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thanks Chris but i want a full lens so i can make retrofit headlights.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean by full lense since I'm not quite sure what your goal is, but these covers wrap around the corner light as well

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You want the inside 'plug' from the headlight lens, right?
          As a 3D model, so he can profile it? If no one else can do it sooner I'll try to play around with it some in the next week or two. I know I can do it, but it'll take some time. I have access to a CMM which helps unfortunately it's manual so it's time consuming to use on 1-off parts.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i'd like to see this done also. the GTS full width covers are too ghetto. i have a round headlamp conversion kit on festiva brackets that i'd like to put behind a clear lexan lens. no fluting. like the old Cam Waugh car.

Comment

Skeeter I would appreciate it if you can. I'm searching for another passage head light with no luck yet.

Comment

Couple quick questions - are you trying to get the outside of your cover the be exactly the same as the stock glass? What thickness material are you using?
                Without sacrificing a headlight I'll have to take the measurements from the outside then offset everything to match the thickness of your plastic so that he can profile the MDF to match what you need, if I understand correctly!
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Nate plastic at this time is .060 I may try larger do the road. So yes it would be scaled down to compensate the thickness of the plastic. Give me a call if you want to discuss 331 645 4730.

Comment

Working...
                  X