Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary Cobra

Shelby Cobra.

That's a sweet car. During summer, there is an original 427 Cobra that passes me 2-3 days a week on the way to my work. White with black trim. drool
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

For all the production hybrids; Yank motors in Brit sports cars, Carroll Shelby did singularly create an enduring classic. Brute-looking car and stuffed with the biggest baddest engine he could find. Very few of the other hybrid cars caught on or ever amounted to anything. 45 years ago Sunbeam Tiger was the consummate sleeper I lusted over: Miata-size zipper with a Chrysler V8. Myself am also partial to the 215 cu in aluminum V8 that GM foolishly released the manufacture rights of to BMC and they appeared in all manner of Brit cars like Rovers, MGB-GT, Morgans. Evolution of this flyweight small block is a work in progress and far as I know it's still in production.

Comment

I'm waiting for the 30th Anniversary Festiva in 2018.....maybe we can direct them to Tweak, or Eurotiva.
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-31-2014, 08:25 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          I'm waiting for the 30th Anniversary Festiva in 2018.....maybe we can direct them to Tweak, or Eurotiva.
          If the 'new' Fiat 500s and Minis are any indicator of retros then a 30th anniversary Festiva nameplate will compare favourably in size to a current Transit Connect van.

Comment

Maybe by the 60th Anniversary the advances in carbon fiber technology will
            enable them to offer another affordable option in addition to fiberglass and aluminum.
            Last edited by 1990new; 12-31-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

"the mouse that eats snakes"
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

In the early '60s my family joined the Columbia record club, and I was allowed two 33 lp records to select for myself. My choices were The Ripchords "Hey little Cobra and other hot rod hits" and Johnny Horton's Greatest Hits. I was probably 7 or 8 and one of my favorite pastimes was my Aurora HO slot car set that originally came with two hot rods. I later had a Ferrari which was always my fastest, and a red Mustang, when that car came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAvYn0m8VQ 1963- I was 9 I guess. Ten years later when I sat out at the speedway and watched Swede Savage burning to death, it was the beginning of the end for my fascination with the race in my hometown.
                Last edited by harpon; 01-07-2015, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Cobra in the barn

Comment

That's a nice slabside. The small block cars are more fun to drive, but they still remind me of farm equipment. lol
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Goodbye snake! (Photo Courtesy of FordFester)

Comment

Now that's a calendar picture!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          Now that's a calendar picture!
                          I think Max has an HD version of that picture. He took it with his DSLR. It would be nice to have another calendar.

Comment

Working...
                          X