Gas tank install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank install help

so I really don't know what all tubes connect to what when connecting the gas tank. Could someone post a picture of how their car is setup or elaborate where the tubes go?

I took this video because It was cold and pictures seemed hard at the time:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

hope video is helpful, Input would be very appreciated.
    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

I couldn't figure it out either. So, instead of losing any brain cells, I ripped everything out and vented my gas cap. The pressure relief button on the cap is non-functional. No problemo.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-07-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

THATS REALLY THE ONLY PURPOSE THAT MESS SERVES??? What did you do, just drill a little whole in your gas cap? do you happen to know what that hose was that I showed under the car?
      Tommy

Comment

That is supposed to condense fuel vapors from getting into the atmosphere. One of those lines is a vapor line going to the charcoal canister somewhere in the engine compartment.
        Don't ask me where. I threw it away a long time ago.

Almost any gas cap can be vented. Carefully pry out the plastic diaphram with a screwdriver, drill or poke a tiny hole in the top of the assembly, and then snap it back in. If you can blow through the gas cap, then success. As the gas gets sucked out of the tank, you want air to take it's place. Simple.

The only reason I have a red gas cap is necause I got it for free at the junkyard + it's a lot sexier than the stock black one.

Thanks for reminding me that I still have to install my shaved fuel filler door in the springtime. I have plenty of room for my 626 fuel filler door actuator now that the evap canister is out of the way. Everything is wired, tested and ready to plug in.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-07-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

just remember to put an unmodified one back on when getting an emissions test. at least here they pressure check the gas cap as part of the annual emissions sticker routine.

Comment

Comment

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

much love guys. Im just going the route that bravekozak took. Well will see if she starts up tomorrow, hopefully.
                Tommy

Comment

Working...
                X