best way to swap your ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to swap your ecu

Im wondering the what are the best fastest, or easiest ways to swap the ecu in the festiva. Its pretty cramped up behind the dash. Is there a way to avoid removing the dash without struggling because of space?

What have you guys done with this?
    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

You pretty much struggle because of space. Helps if you have small hands. A headlight is nice, esp. the kind with the new square LEDs. I've only even removed one, from a JY car, and it was a pain.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I've never done it but I've seen on here that it helps to take out the speaker grill and the speaker so you have an access hole. There are write ups. Good luck!

Comment

Just get in the car upside down . Or roll the car on its top .
        It's really not that bad . 10 mm ratchet wrench and push up then pull down . Good luck
        New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          Just get in the car upside down . Or roll the car on its top .
          It's really not that bad . 10 mm ratchet wrench and push up then pull down . Good luck
          If your a spider monkey! haha. I take out the cluster and the speaker grill and speaker and pop off the vent tube to get access to it. Mostly so my arms have a place to go. It also helps to put on some peaceful music so when you cut yourself on sharp things under there you don't freak out and smash things and bleed more.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

cluster is A good tip, thank you.
            Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Working...
            X