8th digit on VIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th digit on VIN

I curious to know if all Festivas had an H for the 8th digit. I sold my Festiva a couple months ago and the guy I sold it to flipped it with out getting the title in his name and now the new owners can't title it, because at some point someone at the DMV typed in M for the 8th digit instead of H that is on the car. Tennessee doesn't do a VIN verification when you title a vehicle and I didn't check it when I got the title in the mail. the new owner is in Alabama and they do VIN verification and the mistake was caught. Now they can't register it until they get a clean TN title which I'm going to help them get.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

I might be mistaken but in 88 the 8th digit was K, then every year after that the 8th was H. I don't believe M was ever in the VIN

Comment

I stand corrected sir, M was included in some VIN's but not the 8th digit it was the 10th

Comment

Yeah, my 10th was M because it's a 91.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

from an 88/89 shop manual: 8th position was engine ID. K= 1.3L 2V (carbed). H= 1.3L EFI. X=1.6L HO HD AWD Turbo (just a dream).

Comment

Working...
          X