Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In need of a speedo cable for the white car. Will an Aspire or Protege work?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a speedo cable for the white car. Will an Aspire or Protege work?......

No JY Festies here.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Rockauto has Festiva cables for $17.
    Last edited by Axlander9289; 01-28-2015, 07:13 PM.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

More like $25 with shipping. $8 at the parts yard and I'm going there today at lunch. Really want to know of another vehicle I can get one from.
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I saw this one on Ebay while browsing this AM
        "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
        "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
        "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
        "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
        "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
        "Wenona"-89L parts car
        "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

So I guess ultimately, the answer is no. No there isn't another cable off another car that will work.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

In need of a speedo cable for the white car. Will an Aspire or Protege work?...

What? Protégés 323's or any mazda that uses a cable, from what I've seen are the same, there's different length ones and the piece that goes into the tranny can be different but they interchange anyway

My festiva has a BF 323 cable in it actually and at one point I ran a BG 323 cable as well
            Last edited by Damkid; 01-29-2015, 03:21 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!! Unfortunately I've already left LKQ.... The silver 2004 Accord that entered the yard on 1-16-15 wasn't there, no 323's and the Protege's were 1995 or newer. May have to try Pull-A-Part.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I bought two of these from RockAuto last week.
                The total was $38.27 for two shipped (19 and change each). They are listed at 29.99 each at my local AutoZone and O'Riely's.
                I put one on a 91 GL on Saturday. They do not have the firewall grommet and rubber boot on them.
                I ended up pulling out the inside cable and putting it in the old housing so I would still have the firewall boot in place, now I have one new housing without a cable.
                Fit the 91 GL five speed perfectly.

Interior : Speedometer Cable
                PIONEER Part # CA3228
                Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the US Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. 5 speed trans.; Standard trans.
                Flag indicates this part fits vehicles sold in the Canadian Market. It does not indicate where the part was made -- manufacturers produce parts in multiple factories worldwide. LX Model; 4 speed trans.; Standard Trans.
                Last edited by 1990new; 03-23-2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Ive got a bouncing / inoperative speedo. And it is a orig. "L" car that has been updated with a 5 speed & tach cluster.
                  Ive read that the cable is a bit short for this conversion & / or may have been kinked or damaged causing the problem, one solution is to get the cable from an Aspire which is some length longer?
                  Is that acurate?
                  Is the upper, lower section or both longer?

I also went to Rockauto to look it up and all the only partthey show as available to purchase is the lower section?

Comment

Working...
                  X