Ricer land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricer land

What's anyone think of modifying your car for no purpose other than looks. I would originally been against this, but we all love painting stuff and nobodies really gone batshi#crazy with engine bay color yet.

Florescent everything! With black light accents tucked into fenders and under the hood. That'd really get everyone going at the night car meet ups. Turbo housings. Intercooler piping. Valve covers. Heads. Intake. Engine bay walls. Wheels. Exhaust tips. Under hood area. Light it up with those black light leds.

Just buy a looker. Chicks dig this one.

Comment

I don't have a problem with people customizing a car to more suit their taste. What I don't like are fake mods. Like fake hood scoops, putting emblems like SS or a Cobra snake etc, on cars that aren't the real thing. Back in the 80's there was briefly a fad where people would take FWD cars and make them look like a RWD prostreet car, but leave it FWD with the puny 4 cyl. I absolutely hated that.

Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

I prefer a beater than rips to a looker that sits.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
          I don't have a problem with people customizing a car to more suit their taste. What I don't like are fake mods. Like fake hood scoops, putting emblems like SS or a Cobra snake etc, on cars that aren't the real thing. Back in the 80's there was briefly a fad where people would take FWD cars and make them look like a RWD prostreet car, but leave it FWD with the puny 4 cyl. I absolutely hated that.

I don't have anything to say. I just wanted everyone to see that Tempo again.
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

i agree with eaglefreek I have no problem with however anyone wants there car. I don't like fake mods either it is just what it is FAKE. As far as ricer I must so some of them guys and gals have a lot of time and money put into their cars. I never had a ricer but to each his own.
            1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
            1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
            2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
            2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
            2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
            1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

I'm just sick and tired of polished metal at car shows.
              Last edited by bhearts; 01-30-2015, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Just buy a looker. Chicks dig this one.
                brave, if we are going to burning man with that it has to be pedal powered or sporting some embarrassing technology, what are you saying ?? lol
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by bhearts View Post
                  I'm just sick and tired of polished metal at car shows.
                  I concur. I'm a chromophobe.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

That Tempo is a funny car. literally. I never saw the fake pro street FWD cars. I'm kind of strange. I'll spend hundreds of hours on a car to make it look stock, but run faster than the car was ever intended. Buut… I do love a little neon yellow from time to time

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-31-2015, 01:36 AM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It's happening.......
                      Attached Files
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I like it!
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Uhh, I'm working hard to run 17s on my Festy for no reason other than to see it done semi decent. Also I bought some silly brembo caliper covers for giggles. I feel like ricing is more of a lifestyle than car modifying, if that makes sense.
                          Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                            brave, if we are going to burning man with that it has to be pedal powered or sporting some embarrassing technology, what are you saying ?? lol
                            Movin,

Pedal powered