finaly hit 290,000 km (180,000 miles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finaly hit 290,000 km (180,000 miles)

ive had this rust bucket for almost three years now and just yesterday hit 180,000 . And i was wondering what kind of maintenance would need to be done or expected in the near future. ill tell you what i have done so far , i did the breaks, wheel bearings, and cv axles about 4months ago . i get the oil changed every three thousand miles and run a can of seafoam through every few gas tanks. and if anyone is in the area and would want to help me do repairs suggested it would be appreciated . Minden,NV

Repairs dont necessarily need to be done at exact intervals.
    Rather with most vehicles.
    Be attentive listen and feel how your car runs and drives each day and if something changes ever so slightly
    Then get to poking around.

I suggest doing your own vehicle inspection every so often.
    This way when a problem is soon to arise you can spot it and nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

Personally i prefer preventative maintenance and replacing parts before they go bad.
    Rather than waiting for a problem to creep up and be forced to fix it right away, no leeway.

So Just Be aware. And if there is anything related to vehicle maintenance that you've never done to the vehicle.
    I would suggest doing it once for peace of mind.

I see all the maintenance parts as a list in my head. And I have been replacing/checking things off 1 by 1.
    give it about 5-10 years and I'll have to start over lol
    Last edited by rmoltis; 02-02-2015, 10:08 AM.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

^^ that's good advice right there

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
      X