Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody identify this part?

uploadfromtaptalk1422912820389.jpguploadfromtaptalk1422912836679.jpg
    I found this unplugged and from the looks it has been unplugged for a while. Just wondering what it does
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Looks like the IAC (idle air control) valve.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

That's your idle stabilizer valve or idle bypass valve. It stabilizes the engines idle. It does this 2 ways. With engine coolant ( mechanically) and with an electronic valve. If you don't have a lot of accessories and you don't do much drastic altitude changing then you don't need the electrical part.

Edit: Nonamekid nailed it. Iac is what Mazda and Ford call it.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-02-2015, 04:41 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I am surprised your car ran at all with that unplugged. I know mine didn't.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          I am surprised your car ran at all with that unplugged. I know mine didn't.
          Matthew didn't have it at all. Matt D. eliminated it on the custom intake he built. The motor was sufficiently warmed up in about 1.5-2.0 miles to idle normally.
          Last edited by TominMO; 02-02-2015, 05:31 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You can unplug them on most pre obd2 cars. Just adjust the idle with the bypass screw on the throttle body ( sometimes you have to remove a plug to get to it).
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I have mine plugged on my BP. It idles a little low when it is cold and tries to die, but after about a minute or 2 it is fine.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Yeah my car ran fine before and I can't really tell any difference at all now other than idling a lil higher
                93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

My 90 idles low without it on a really cold start. I start it like a vw dune buggy with delortos.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                  X