89 Standard with EFI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Standard with EFI?

Did they make manual transmission 89's with an EFI motor? I think this guy is trying to fool me. He has an ad up for 89 but sent me a pic of an EFI engine. Also a little suspicious he says his son owns 2 of these cars. Anyone on the forum from Germantown WI? I feel like the son may have swapped in a worse condition motor and kept the 89 carb. Thanks for the help guys.

89 EFI had automatic trans only. 4-5 Spd trans was carby
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

He would have had to change the harness and gas tank too. HArd to know why someone would go through all that trouble to just sell it.
      Because....45 MPG.

Comment

He probably is ignorant about these cars and sent a pic of his son's other engine bay.
        Last edited by TominMO; 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
          He would have had to change the harness and gas tank too. HArd to know why someone would go through all that trouble to just sell it.
          Oh I didn't know that you had to change the fuel tank hmmm the car he took the picture of is definitely the one he has up for sale. Maybe he just has the year of the entire vehicle wrong? Is it 100% that there is no such thing as an 89 manual EFI?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercilesslee View Post
            Oh I didn't know that you had to change the fuel tank hmmm the car he took the picture of is definitely the one he has up for sale. Maybe he just has the year of the entire vehicle wrong? Is it 100% that there is no such thing as an 89 manual EFI?
            If he's going off the build date in the door, it would be a 90 if it was built after mid-1989.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

look at the certification label on the jamb. under the TR block, D=5 spd, N= automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                look at the certification label on the jamb. under the TR block, D=5 spd, N= automatic.
                Yeah I'll ask him for a pic of that and then post it to this thread.

Comment

The trans could have been swapped at one time or another. If my 89 auto wasn't a rust bucket I would have swapped a 5 speed in.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X