Auto Auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Auctions

I was wondering if any of you all have bought cars from Auto auctions? Doesn't have to necessarily be a Festiva? The reason I ask, is I came across one in an auto auction that is on the other side of the country from me. BUT the car looks honestly VERY good. It says the car's primary damage is "mechanical" The auction is 7 days from now. What exactly is mechanical damage? Engine/Transmission? It says the car runs and moves under its own power. As long as it can go forward enough on a delivery truck, I'm happy HAHA. I need your thoughts on this. If this is something I can't do, I have the link. Looks like a keeper to me!
    Chris

I have bought quite a few from repo sealed bid auctions. They are something you suspect a lot might be wrong so I bid low enough I won't get hurt. Everything I have has come that way.Lots of vehicles and recreation stuff.

I have bought copart using the business for other people. They give more accurate descriptions and sometimes the lot guys will talk to you on the phone about the car a little. I used a towing service. When I asked a used car lot owner who he used I got a bid of $200 to my shop instead of the $700 quotes I was getting from the internet. You should be losing more auctions than you are winning so don't feel bad if you lose some.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thats good information. This is a Copart auction in CA. I live in Virginia. I just want to make sure I can get it here if I win. I was wrong the auction ends tomorrow and not the first Bid. A festiva in Nashville TN with copart didn't get bids either this week and it was on the site a month! Now its a buy it now for 800 dollars

Comment

Welp just discovered I can't bid on it. There is restrictive bidding to the following "UT-Only members with Dismantlers, Dealers, or Export License can bid on this vehicle" I swear I beginning to believe I'm cursed!!!!

Comment

Theres the link if anyone wants to see! :cry_smile:

Comment

this is coming up in april - they hold it 2 times a year. never seen a festiva there but you never know.

Visit the Charlotte Autofair located at Charlotte Motor Speedway in North Carolina, which is the Largest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast.

best show, sale and auction in the south east
            admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Working...
            X