The ultimate fuel economy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate fuel economy build

I'm always a little disappointed that us, festivites, have never conjured an ultimate mpg monster amongst our ranks. One of the most fuel conscious cars if the era, and no one's done any serious mods. This month I'll be building an upper intake for my aspire, and I was thinking about going all out mpg with it. 30+ inch runners. Maybe fuel pre heating on a faux returnless fuel system. Intake air warming, water injection, maybe a head mil. I really want to design an intake that wraps over the valve cover and meets up at the exhaust and build the plenum of the intake over the exhaust runners. So the intake air gets sucked into the engine directly past the exhaust manifold. Have the two manifolds interconnect, get what I'm poking at? I know fuel heating and head milling are a terrible idea combined. But the ideal max mpg engine should not have timing advance, so the pistons have zero fight against inertia. I'm thinking like metro xfi here. Small exhaust runner diameter, really get those exhaust velocities up in turn choking out the top end, like a proper mpg car should. Ain't gon get 60mpg with red line shifting

Two words. Lean Burn.

Also, aero.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Also, gearing plays a big role and rolling resistance. Run motorcycle tires on some space saver wheels and run 0 toe front and rear.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Motorcycle tires wear out really quickly compared to even cheap car tires, and IMO would more than make up in tire expense any fuel savings.

I'm thinking of sticking my Aspire head and Dickmeyer MPG cam in a carby, to see what happens. Then some aero mods.
        Last edited by TominMO; 02-12-2015, 08:11 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm not thinking lean burn, but maximized for the gas at hand. Something like water methanol steam vapor injection once the engine is warm. So instead of burning lean, making it like a air displacement system. Hot, high moisture intake air with warmed gasoline so that no solid fuel makes it to combustion, only vapors.

Comment

Working...
          X