Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axle angles demonstrated

I know cv joints are different but this is still a cool video

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    -Bryant

Your right. That is a cool video. Another factoid for filing away and forgetting where I saw it.
    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. NOW I can understand why, after all these years, pinion angle and transmission tailshaft angle on a rear wheel drive has been preached time after time.

I always figured it was simply to keep the angle load the same on both U joints.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
        Thanks for sharing this. NOW I can understand why, after all these years, pinion angle and transmission tailshaft angle on a rear wheel drive has been preached time after time.

I always figured it was simply to keep the angle load the same on both U joints.

Thanks again.
        That's what I was thinking too. It is always nice to see things to help understand the explanation.
        -Bryant

Comment

This also becomes a factor in steering linkage. Our cars don't allow you to instal the components out of phase without a big hammer or a saw and welder, but many cars can be assembled wrong and it will make for a really weird feeling steering action.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

And he didn't show what happens when the yokes are not timed.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Interesting. Reminds me of the chain on my motorcycle when one of the links gets stiff, causing the tension to wax and wane.
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
              X