Thoughts on this idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this idea...

I'm headed out to the PNW again, leaving tomorrow. I'll be out there for about 2 weeks, having a good WARM look around (it's -10 here tonight) on (of all things) a honda 50cc scooter.

No, I'm not riding the scooter out there. I'm delivering a car for someone. The scooter fits nicely in the back.

As usual, I plan on finding something rust free to return back home in.

My question is this:

If I beat the bushes and found that elusive, festiva gem, EFI, 5spd, no rust, not perfect, but certainly in good shape, and even offered to deliver it to a fellow rust belt dweller (i.e. fellow poor sap) would anyone be interested?

And what I mean is, does anyone have any money these days?? I'm a pro at finding those hidden gems, but if everyone that wants a festy, already has one, or it's the "I wish I had the $$" brigade, I'll just find a silly subaru or something.

What's your thoughts?

FX
    Last edited by festyxfi; 02-18-2015, 11:54 PM.
    Because....45 MPG.

PM'ing you!

Comment

I personally think its a wonderful idea. I know, speaking for myself, that I've stuggled up onside and down the other trying to find a decent Festiva. The ones I try to get, well it never works out. I hope I'm not the only one. My ultimate dream would be kinda like what people do with vintage air cooled beetles. Have a garage that restores Festivas and sales them for people that need a decent car without spending a fortune. The Problem is, there are over 20 million beetles and only 400k Festivas LOL so finding parts would be a challege, but couldn't you imagine seeing a big high tech garage and on the big lot across the street is a used Festiva dealership with NOTHING but restored Festiva's. And if you wanted something special, bigger engine, etc. We could make it happen!

Comment

There are several, bring a tow bar and tow another home too, throw one of the engine and trans for sales in for ballast lol
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          There are several, bring a tow bar and tow another home too, throw one of the engine and trans for sales in for ballast lol
          Tow bar and magnetic lights are loaded That's the plan.
          Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
          X