Fiesta on a Festy....hmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta on a Festy....hmmmmm

Back in the early 90's I rolled around in a 79 Fiesta. Lowered it, shrunk in the bumpers, did some interior upgrades, and thought I was cool for having something different. I bought a lower front spoiler/air damn for it. It was hard to track one down then and I'd bet nearly impossible now. Log story short, I sold the car to a buddy that had to have it and kept the spoiler.
    The spoiler was at one time given to a family friend (he was an older gentlemen) and sat in his garage for a year until he told me to come take it back.
    We almost put in on a 73 Honda Civic that we were trying out our hand at rally crossing/racing. I even took 2nd place in it one weekend. But my buddy who owned the car decided to part it.
    Over the years it has been hanging in the rafters of the garage. Moved from house to house, state to state, and cross country.
    As you can see in the pictures, it quite dusty.
    As we are doing a Aspire suspension swap this weekend, I got to wondering if the spoiler would fit the festy.
    I'll let the pictures speak for itself.
    What are your opinions?
    Look good? Interesting? Like poo?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ottoparts; 02-28-2015, 04:50 PM.
    Whoa, that was fun!

Interesting. I think it could rock it nicely with the boxiness of the car
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Drives me a little nutty that most folks i run across refer to Festivas as Fiestas.On occasion they ask me if i am driving a Rabbit

Comment

I don't mind people calling it a fiesta... Heck, at least that's a cool little car made by Ford. But, if one more person calls it a Yugo and I'm gonna come unglued! haha

I think that spoiler would look great on a Festy. Do you have any pics of your fiesta? I always liked those cars.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-01-2015, 09:38 AM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I wish I has some, but I no longer have any pictures of my Fiesta (that I know of).
          It was yellow with black interior.
          It wasn't the "S" model, so no fancy gauge cluster or cool "S" sticker on the outside.
          Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Oh i have had a couple ask if it was a yugo.My response is it is the American-Japanese made in korea "classic" Ford Festiva.

Comment

Working...
            X