Turbo BP, Confirm my bad manifold idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo BP, Confirm my bad manifold idea

so Im sure there is a reason why nobody does this, can someone tell me why this is a bad idea?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

sorry for crudity of picture. But basically my idea is to just run the stock manifold then instead of a down pipe, just used the stock flange and run a tube to where you want the turbo, weld the appropriate flange, then slap on the turbo, and etc. There has to be a significant downside to this. How much better is a bp turbo manifold than running an extended tube?

This is my idea for a cheapo turbo manifold. Thoughts anyone?
    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Yes, because your turbo will be on the ground. Besides the oil has to be able to gravity drain back into the pan.

At that point you might as well rear mount the turbo.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I meant that you could position the turbo where the battery is for example, just running a custom tube using the turbos flange and the down pipe flange(properly braced). I did not mean having the turbo be directly under the engine where the downpipe is.
      Tommy

Comment

I do recall someone used a U pipe on a bp maybe it was switch_hit? Wish i could find pictures it was a clean car. He was from Oklohmoa.

Comment

found it

wish i knew where this car was at!

Comment

Why is that snow man smoking a custom pipe with a turbo shirt on? haha
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

That was the fastest car on here for a long time.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

BTW, this has been done, and it works and isn't a bad idea. The biggest issue is the Festiva doesn't have much room for extra piping and a turbo and all the plumbing, so it can get messy in a hurry. Technically, the fastest Festiva in North america, and arguably the world, is running this setup. Just a bit longer on the part with the three hash marks that symbolize the custom bends.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-02-2015, 11:39 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I think I see a reinforced front end on that car, and interesting leading link traction bars. Cool idea. Apparently SLC was a BP festiva mecca at one point. lol

Comment

You guys are great
                    Tommy

Comment

Def some lower control work done . Can't see clearly ? Dang .
                      New build on the way .

Comment

a good welder could work it out but its prob cheaper to just buy the mani

Comment

Working...
                        X