Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with new car salesmen

Surviving the dealership experience :-)
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

There was no mention of a blunt force weapon in that article.

I've only done it once, and if I ever have to do it again, it will be too soon.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I personally knew a new car salesman who told me a little trick to have a better chance of getting your price you are offering. When the salesman does the "I have to run that price by my manager" thing, give him a $100 bill to take to the manager and tell him you're serious about buying the car and that is a deposit.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
        I personally knew a new car salesman who told me a little trick to have a better chance of getting your price you are offering. When the salesman does the "I have to run that price by my manager" thing, give him a $100 bill to take to the manager and tell him you're serious about buying the car and that is a deposit.
        I see this as losing your psychological leverage to the salesman! They are already serious about selling it; it's just a question of how much of your money they can pry away from you. Giving them a $100 deposit weakens your position.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Always wait to buy a new car on the LAST day of the month.Also go on second shift so you can get a young kid who is really hungry for sales.
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
            Always wait to buy a new car on the LAST day of the month.Also go on second shift so you can get a young kid who is really hungry for sales.
            Good ones! :-)

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              I see this as losing your psychological leverage to the salesman! They are already serious about selling it; it's just a question of how much of your money they can pry away from you. Giving them a $100 deposit weakens your position.
              You make your highest price offer that you would be willing to pay, and if the salesman comes back and says he can't do it, tell him you're sorry but that's the best you will do and ask for your $100. Then comes the psychological part. He knows if he gives you the $100 back, he has lost the sale and will most likely ask you to wait a minute 'till he checks with his manager again. If he comes back and still says no, I walk out the door. It's sort of like going to an auction. You decide what is the most you will pay for an item, and if it sells for more than that, you stop bidding. You don't let your emotions take over and keep bidding because "you just have to have it no matter what the cost".
              Last edited by Festy46; 03-10-2015, 04:02 PM.
              You gonna race that thing?
              http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Well, to each his own. To me, giving them the $100 is ceding control of the process. I would bring a thick book to read to show them I can't be hurried or outwaited. If they say they can't meet the price, I start walking; they'll stop me if they want to make a sale that day.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

They did stop me just at the door when I walked. They still did not want to make a sale. Just more games. So I kept walking.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                  X