Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of cars with black boxes installed

Cars with black boxes

AKA Event Data Recorders. As of model year 2015, all new cars are required to have them. Here's the article I got this from, with other links in it to read.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

It might be worth the investment to buy the retrieval tool, clear your own data and clear the regular snap shot data in the ECM.

If you wreck the car and your data could be used against you unfairly you could smash the air bag module and the connector particularly . Just remember there are some caps that could still be charged. Unplug so that more airbags don't go off.

Really? Heck, if you have an apple cell phone it will tattle anyway!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/191495598355

It might be worth the investment to buy the retrieval tool, clear your own data and clear the regular snap shot data in the ECM.

If you wreck the car and your data could be used against you unfairly you could smash the air bag module and the connector particularly . Just remember there are some caps that could still be charged. Unplug so that more airbags don't go off.

Really? Heck, if you have an apple cell phone it will tattle anyway!
      .....which is why I don't have a smart phone, and won't buy a new or even recent car.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        .....which is why I don't have a smart phone, and won't buy a new or even recent car.
        AMEN!!

Comment

Your dumb phone is still GPS enabled.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
            Your dumb phone is still GPS enabled.
            Oh I know, but I don't have apps on it and can wrap it in aluminum foil to block its signal if I want to. I currently have no reason to do so, but it's nice to know of options for the future.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Question: I have an old lead shielded film bag from the Kodak days when you didn't like airport X-ray fogging. Will that block all of the phone signals? I would think so, if a simple steel pail with a steel lid on it can serve as a poor man's Faraday cage for my extra distributor ignition modules, should there ever be an EMP.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 03-11-2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Question: I have an old lead shielded film bag from the Kodak days when you didn't like airport X-ray fogging. Will that block all of the phone signals? I would think so, if a simple steel pail with a steel lid on it can serve as a poor man's Faraday cage for my extra distributor ignition modules, should there ever be an EMP.
                Should work. Stick it in there and try calling that number. There are little pockets you can buy to do the same thing; they have a silver lining in them.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                X