Revamp on Stickies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamp on Stickies

Im sure this has been mentioned before but it seems like there is enough info on here and some of the OGs obviously know a ton. It would be a great asset if someone with the knowledge would create and/or update stickies on a lot of repeated questions such as walkthroughs and everything you need to know guides on engine swaps, suspension swaps, turbos on b3s, etc.

I feel like it would make this forum an even more indispensable asset to owning one of these cars and modifying it. A lot of the older posts have broken links or the pictures no longer work just due to age.

Just throwing that out there, not trying to complain. Anyone agree?

I agree! What happens when the links get broke or pics don't show up, is the original poster deletes the pics or links.

Maybe they don't think about it, but if there are pics loaded from an image provider, like photobucket or imgur, etc. the pics are deleted from the forum also.
    It would be nice if there was a way to keep those pics/links on forum. These things are sometimes necessary to get the info on a thread and are sometimes an important part of the thread.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Could we set up a ff.com account on Photobucket and/or Imgur or whatever hosting platform we want to use? When threads are stickied we could then move the photos from the original poster's account over to the ff.com account (as long as the original poster doesn't object). That way ff.com has control over the photos and they won't be inadvertently/accidentally be deleted.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^ this is why he makes the big bucks folks! Brilliant! Nothing is worse than going back to your favorite write up only to find the pictures replaced by those stupid "image has been removed" boxes.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Photobucket has a limit on the amount you can store. There's a lot of pics! Will use a lot of space. I know its a lot PB allows, but what happens if we hit the limit?

Would there be a way for the site to store/host pics on forum, sorta like an image provider? May be, this VBulletin forum wont or cant host the pics

Would there be an option on PB to have more storage?
          Last edited by drddan; 03-13-2015, 03:47 AM.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

yea. it's a great idea but i can imagine a lot of work for someone. there is a ton of info here but it's like sprinkled all over and to me at least the search function is a time waster. we could go PB pro for a monthly fee and get a lot of pic storage.

Comment

Every time I get to the limit on PB they bump up my limit. I am sure there is a method to the madness. If I bumped a lot there is likely a screen that would open and explain why I have to purchase pro.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I hope there is a solution, so many have documented well some really great work, but without the pictures, we are missing "Thousands of words" !!!
                No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                X