Festiva Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Sighting

So yesterday I fly into LAX with my wife, we gather up our sub-compact upgraded to some kind of sleek but boring silver Hyundai, and head off on Highway 1, North towards Marina del Ray and Venice Beach to see liquid water for a change.
    As we are waiting in the left turn lane for Venice Blvd I look to my right, and there is a large guy sitting in a little boxy blue car that looks rather familiar. Yes indeed, it was a very healthy looking Ford Festiva. I was not sure he'd appreciate my opening the window and saying "nice ride" from my shiny new rent a car, I figure he would have taken that as a sarcastic greeting, even though it was not. So I just admired it from the next lane until I pulled out of sight around the corner.
    Not much rust out here.
    Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
    Icetiva-3-race-car-build
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

You should go to a salvage yard while your down here. You'd be amazed what they scrap here.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Charlie, here I el Paso there are decent cars being scrapped, the ones you referred me to to get the speedo cable were almost perfect.
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I remember that car, it was an LX. I got the cluster out of it and maybe the doors. It makes me sad when I see them in the yards like that. That car was nicer than any of mine and was crushed into a small cube for 200 dollars worth of scrap steel. But, recycling is the responsible thing to do….. ugh :angry7:
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          You should go to a salvage yard while your down here. You'd be amazed what they scrap here.
          Right, a weekend in LA with my wife. She's not going to let me near a scrap yard, guys, she puts up with enough of that at home!
          Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
          Icetiva-3-race-car-build
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Working...
          X