New Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fuel Injectors

Should I clean my Injectors or get new ones? 160,000 miles California gas, if I should get news which ones thanks.

First I would do a resistance check on them with an electrical tester set for ohms. Touch across the electrical connections for a reading. Cannot remember what the result should be (11-14?) If they test in the good range ... they should work, so cleaning makes sense. As far as California gas ... you're on your own there! :laughing5:
    Never buy a car you can't push!
    1988 Silver / 1989 Black / 1992 white / 1993 white

Comment

If they ohm out OK then you should have them professionally cleaned. I had mine done by Matt Dickmeyer. He ohms them out, flow tests them then cleans and adjusts the pintle's. Then, he puts all new pintle caps and o-rings on them before doing a final flow test to make sure they are all flowing the same (or as close as possible) and have the proper spray pattern. If I remember right, he charged $25 an injector. So $100 for all 4. He even took photos and a short video of him working on them.

Comment

Injector Cleaning

Where can I get a hold of Matt ? Thanks again,
        Last edited by hammerinn101; 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Check out his Facebook page. Dickmeyer Automotive. The phone number is on the page.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
            If they ohm out OK then you should have them professionally cleaned. I had mine done by Matt Dickmeyer. He ohms them out, flow tests them then cleans and adjusts the pintle's. Then, he puts all new pintle caps and o-rings on them before doing a final flow test to make sure they are all flowing the same (or as close as possible) and have the proper spray pattern. If I remember right, he charged $25 an injector. So $100 for all 4. He even took photos and a short video of him working on them.
            doesnt he flow an abrasive though the injector? to waller it out and match the flow rates.

Comment

And...abrasive through equipment to calibrate is a good idea?
              Abrasive liquid jerry rigged with a cheap pump through castings to improve air flow and still look stock for racing use has merit.

I think he saves injectors and marks them when tested and cleaned so that an exact set can be picked.
              Last edited by Movin; 04-02-2015, 11:57 PM.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

As far as I know he doesn't. I know he has them in a cleaning solution while in an ultrasonic cleaner. From what he told me there is no real way to make a regular injector flow more than what it is rated for (besides upping the fuel pressure, and that will only get you so much). You can get an old/dirty injector to flow what it is rated for by cleaning and the pintle adjustment makes sure that the spray pattern is even. He said that he has seen injectors straight out of the box have wonky spray patterns. Here is an album of him cleaning and testing injectors. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6867515&type=3 Here is a video showing the "injector dyno" in action. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...ages_video_set

Comment

Working...
                X