NAME THAT PART!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAME THAT PART!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428049743.179386.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428049760.742272.jpg

This part came from the tensioner, idle, & pulley area by the belts? Apparently my puller keeps wobbling ands it's not any of pullers itself. What part is this?

Speechless35

NAME THAT PART

So I have a leak on the car which is causing the car to overheat and I don't know what kind of hose is this. Goes from heater core to water pump and its rubber to metal?? The metal hose from the water pump almost all the way to the heater core is the return hose for the heater. I guess & been told everyone I've ever seen has been corroded. What part is this?

Speechless35

Comment

Is it the center bolt for the wheel itself- looks like something spins on it but unusual end- are there threads where your fingers are?

Comment

I believe so. Can you name it?

Speechless35

Comment

Thats the belt tensioner bolt holder. The tensioner bolt screws in the hole of that big bolt that you are holding. That looks like it came off another vehicle. The Festiva tensioner bolt holder is shaped differently.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-03-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

the tensioner pulley is used on AC equipped cars only to adjust the AC belt tension unless you have power steering and AC in which case the tensioner on the power steering pump bracket is used. if you don't need AC or it is broken or parts are missing you can eliminate this belt and pulley. it doesn't drive the water pump. as for the metal return line, i'm guessing you are talking about the L shape silver one in the pic. this is mated and held into the swaged nipple on the cad plated tube with an O ring and the mounting bracket helps keep it tight. there can be 1 or 2 nipples coming off this line. these are not available new anymore. hopefully the corrosion is towards the heater core and you can save at least the O ring end and mounting bracket. you could graft on rubber tubing and T fittings from there.

Last edited by F3BZ; 04-03-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428114406.877106.jpg

Is this the same part?

Speechless35

Comment

looks like it. this is the OEM ford AC idler pulley.

Comment

Working...
                X