Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size tires is everybody running on their Aspire swapped Festivas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size tires is everybody running on their Aspire swapped Festivas?

Hey guys. I'm preparing for an Aspire brake swap on my Festiva. I'm going to be using factory Aspire steelies. I'm doing research on tire sizes, and it looks like 175/60 R13's are closest in circumference to the factory Festiva tires. I don't want to have to deal with an inaccurate speedo. I'm concerned that they might be too wide for the Aspire wheels. Does anyone have this size on the Aspire steel wheels? If not, what size are you running?
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

155/80/r13's speedo is 2 to 3 mph off. stock aspire wheels and wheel covers.

Comment

175/70-13s are slightly taller, like the 155/80-13s (0.9" diameter), but not enough to matter. They are also much more available than the 60 series, which would have your speedo reading a little fast.

The size (and type) of tire depends on how you want to drive it. Figure that out, then pick a size/type that fits the bill.
      Last edited by TominMO; 04-04-2015, 10:09 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Use http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-comparison/. You can play with sizes till you find what you want.
        Last edited by 91green; 04-04-2015, 10:18 PM.
        93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
        93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
        90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          175/70-13s are slightly taller, like the 155/80-13s (0.9" diameter), but not enough to matter. They are also much more available than the 60 series, which would have your speedo reading a little fast.

The size (and type) of tire depends on how you want to drive it. Figure that out, then pick a size/type that fits the bill.
          175/60's match the stock diameter. 175/70 is oversize, but available everywhere.

I believe the aspire came with 165/70-13, not sure if those are around still.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

91Green, That is an immensely useful website. Thanks for the link!
            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              They are also much more available than the 60 series, which would have your speedo reading a little fast.
              "Honestly officer, it only said I was going 85" :p
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Running 175/70/13s on my half Aspire swap, the rear does rub the arches if loaded with more than 100 pounds in the back. Also I do have the Aspire springs on the rear too.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

185/60/14's on my hot rod!
                  I'm sure the speedo is off at higher speeds, but I usually just go with the flow of traffic any ways.
                  Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

185/60/13's on mine with Aspire steelies. Just slightly taller and they look really sexy on the car! Onlinetires.com has 'em.

Comment

165/60-13
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

165/55 R14 on Miata alloys

Comment

I've run both the 175/70R13 and 155/80R13 . The 175s are nice if you are doing more cornering or driving on dirt roads a lot, the 155s are worth 1 mpg maybe 2 if your driving on the highway mostly. I found that even the 175/70R13 only result in the speedo reading a mile per hour or two slow at 75mph.
                          Last edited by blake4591; 04-06-2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

165 65r 14s. I have fms springs, aspire front brake mod. I only scrub when turning really sharp really fast, or turning on a big bump.

Edit

Saw this was for 13s, oh well.
                            Last edited by Chobobulous; 04-06-2015, 05:02 PM.
                            91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                            06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                            X