Looking for Portland Oregon Area Festiva Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Portland Oregon Area Festiva Owners

Hey - I don't frequent this thread much - but I'm trying. And I want to meet up with other Festy owners. Either Hypermilers, or tuners. Just want to meet up with people and share ideas.
    My current festy is my fourth. These were the best cars ever built - super rugged and cheap and easy to work on. I get around 40mpg driving it like I'm pissed off at it. I love it.
    But the body is terrible. I didn't see it when I drug it out of the sticker bushes and decided to resurrect it for a daily commuter - but it looks like someone 'urban surfed' on the top. I hate it.
    I was thinking about doing a polycarbonate roof, or replacing the whole thing with a fiberglass roof. But looking for people to chew on some ideas with.

Anyone out there?20130922_143242.jpg
    I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

I'm about a 15 hour drive away, but I'm always happy to chat via PM or email. I'm on Festiva number three at the moment. There have been seven Festivas in my family since 1988, plus an Aspire or two.

You might have more luck finding Festiva fans in the Portland area posting in the North West US forum on the regional forum list on this site.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Awesome - thanks. I never have been able to constantly get on forums. But I'm gonna try. Thanks again!!
      I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

Comment

I'm from Hillsboro. But currently in Virgina. I'll be moving back in a few years.
        But I'm always up for chatting.
        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Will be through Portland on June 15th for the day. Won't be in the Festiva though. Staying in Vancouver WA on the 14th and the 15th.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Do any of you guys know of people in the pdx area? Like a festy club or anything?

Comment

Working...
            X