New member - Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - Few questions

Hi Gang! Just joined. I have never owned a Festiva but have always liked small cars and the look of the little Ford car. I have had numerous VW beetles over the years (one burned up on the side of an interstate). But you guys have tons of great info.

Just wanted to say hello. I may ask questions as I move ahead on purchasing one. Being here in central NC, I don't see many for sale.I've had 6 back surgeries but am still able to get around/etc ok. So as a 49 yrs old, I'm looking for an automatic with cruise if they offered it(?). My drive to/from work take an hour each way.

I also welcome any advice on where to look to find one - besides Craigslist and ebay and here of course

Thanks and it's great to be part of this group!

-Paul

Welcome to the forums! As for the cruise control. I know it is really rare to find a car that already has it installed and it is almost as rare to find all of the parts needed to have cruise control. ( though there are a few members who have added it to their cars.)

Comment

Welcome Paul, you're only a few minutes from the largest Festiva meet in the US. It's in Raleigh, first weekend in October.
      It's called Festiva Madness. You might want to plan to come this year.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Good luck on your search.

Seems like I saw a cruise control car for sale. May have been a auto also. May have been in Canada. Start checking the net.

An auto festiva does not have overdrive. It is more of a in town car. Sounds like you need a manual trans festiva. If you can't shift or work on the car. A festiva might not be right for you.

David

Comment

I love them!!! Welcome aboard! And good luck, they are getting to be sparse up in the NW
          I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

Comment

Look up Gomez ... He is selling one with cruise ... It's five speed but can easily be swapped . Price is really good as well .
            Let me know if you need any help buying or transporting or even the swap . I will be heading south very soon .
            New build on the way .

Comment

shadetree - speaking of cruise - I would like to get a speedometer cable end off a cruise control model. Its so I can hook up a trip computer. Do you know of any other mazda, kia's or phords that would have an end I can just put in between my 5 speed and the speedo cable??
              I can ask on some other posts - just thought since you brought it up
              I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

Comment

there is a member with a mint ford aspire auto air name is loknload has it posted on for sale very nice car and a heck of a deal

Comment

Thanks, gang! I appreciate all the great help! I may have to do a manual since as you mention, I will need the overdrive. I have driven sticks before and enjoy the control, so that would be fine.

Quick question: it gets hot here in NC, what is the overall feeling on the AC in this car? Generally pretty solid even at idle?

Thanks again!!

-Paul

Comment

Welcome to the forum. welcomsign
                    The search engine can answer all of your questions if used properly.
                    I use it all the time to avoid creating new threads. Unfortunately, I cannot avoid the oldest post of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly-k View Post
                      Thanks, gang! I appreciate all the great help! I may have to do a manual since as you mention, I will need the overdrive. I have driven sticks before and enjoy the control, so that would be fine.

Quick question: it gets hot here in NC, what is the overall feeling on the AC in this car? Generally pretty solid even at idle?

Thanks again!!

-Paul
                      My second Festiva had working factory air, and it never seemed to have a problem cooling the car down. I lived in Kentucky at the time where the summers are hot and humid. Surprisingly, it didn't seem to rob much power from the engine either. I don't think the compressor has to work terribly hard to cool what is a relatively small passenger compartment.
                      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Forgot where I read it. It said the Festiva had the best seats for back supports.

Comment

welcome i am back after a while away but glad to be back

Comment

Working...
                          X