Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet '91 L

Hello Everybody!!!
    My name is Gary, and I just rejoined the Festy family after a long hiatus! Back in '90 I picked up a red '88 L and beat on it for a couple years and then bought a '93 GL brand new, which I subsequently traded off on the first of a string of Nissan SE-Rs. I always said that if they still made Festivas I'd buy another one, and one day earlier this year I ran across a '91 L that only showed 91K, has zero rust, and runs like a top. Some elderly couple had bought it used in '95 and towed it behind their RV. I am the 3rd owner and have receipts for everything done to the car since they bought it. I overpaid but it was still cheap! I have been adding a few things since bringing it home, as we all do. Passenger mirror, radio antenna, and tach cluster to name the improvements I've made so far. I have tilt wheel and intermittent wipers in the works, and found a set of stock alloys WITH center caps for the low low price of $80. I also think I've found a set of power mirrors. I've done a few mods that I plan on posting about later. Anyway, here's a few pics of the day I brought the little beasty home. Hopefully my photography and typing skills improve with practice!!!carpic1.jpgcarpic2.jpgcarpic3.jpg

Very nice looking car! I'd keep those Metro 13s if I were you, they look great and you can put some actually useful tires on them. I've got 175/70-13s on my Metro steelies, they are a MAJOR improvement over stock tires. Alloys are neat, but not worth the looks if you have to go back to 12s.

Best part about that car: 91k showing and towed behind an RV. Who knows how low those miles really are.

Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

welcomsign back!

Just beautiful. Old people with motorhomes are great!
      Last edited by bravekozak; 04-12-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Looks great. +1 on keeping the 13s. I love it when old people sell their cars. They never drive in the snow it seems, so little if any rust. Mine was motorhomed for most of its life, but not all.
        Last edited by TominMO; 04-12-2015, 07:44 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Glad to have ya back. Very nice clean looking Festy.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Welcome back. That's a sharp car. Just goes to show that a person always finds their way back to the Festiva hobby.
            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
              Welcome back. That's a sharp car. Just goes to show that a person always finds their way back to the Festiva hobby.
              So true Some step away thinking they'll find a better car, but always come back.
              Last edited by festyxfi; 04-13-2015, 11:40 PM.
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I'm enjoying it quite a bit! Thought about grabbing the alloys at the JY since they were so cheap, figured I could always sell them. Sharp eye on the Metro wheels, I've noticed there's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. Running 175/70-13 but have rubbing issues when cornering. Obviously not much of an issue since these tires have been on the car for a couple of years according to the receipts, just annoying. Thanks for the compliments and greetings!!!

Comment

Working...
                X