Timken Bearings from Autozone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timken Bearings from Autozone

I musta missed it. Has Autozone quit carrying Timken bearings?

I just did a simple search on their sight and they only show Duralast and National.

When did this happen?

A few weeks ago I tried to get some timkens warrantied and they gave me duracrap instead. No more he said
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I just bout mine a few weeks ago from Autozone. I told them the part number versus looking it up by vehicle. They had them on the shelf to boot!
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Open the duralast box. See what the bearing says.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

RockAuto has the Timken, in case we start to run out

I did check the AutoZone website, and no Timken to be found! I even typed in the word Timken .. no results found
          Last edited by drddan; 04-12-2015, 11:32 PM.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Last time I tried to buy them at AZ, a couple of months back, they weren't in their computer and the guy( also feeling confused ) said they wouldn't be carrying them any longer. He was able to get them for me from another crosstown store. Since then I have gone to Rockauto.
            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
            "Wenona"-89L parts car
            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I'm sure the 'bean counters' had something to do with the dropping of Timken.

Reminds me of an auto parts I worked at back in the '90's. They started dropping the name brands and replacing them with crap. Didn't take long and the doors were closed.

Comment

What Brad said... the Duralasts are a rebox.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I wonder how az plans to honor the warranty now that they been discontinued.
                  91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                  06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Many many Duralast branded bearings are reboxes of Timken now. Including a pair I put on dad's '88LX recently. Even their "Duralast" part number is SET11, which is a Timken number. Open them up, they are stamped "Timken" just like the others.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                      Many many Duralast branded bearings are reboxes of Timken now. Including a pair I put on dad's '88LX recently. Even their "Duralast" part number is SET11, which is a Timken number. Open them up, they are stamped "Timken" just like the others.
                      That's fine and dandy, for now. Until they run out of the 'reboxed Timkens'.

Then what'll they have in the boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                        RockAuto has the Timken, in case we start to run out

I did check the AutoZone website, and no Timken to be found! I even typed in the word Timken .. no results found
                        Bingo. I just ordered all eight wheel bearings plus seals for my Aspire swap on Rockauto, all of them Timken. They are easy to get there and presumably less money than Auto Zone.
                        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I know for a fact all the Duralast Gold hub assemblies are Timken. But I am pretty sure even standard duralast bearings a Timken as well, just with a lesser warrenty, because when I stock the bearings at Autozone the remaining Timken boxed bearings go in the same spot on the shelf as the Duralast. Same thing applies with bearing seals and such.

I've got Duralast bearings on the front of my Monte Carlo, they seem to be doing just fine.

But you are right, you never know when Autozone may switch suppliers again. Granted autozone parts have been getting tons better in recent years. Got a Duralast Alternator on my Monte, with a Duralast Platinum AGM battery, Duralast front hub assemblies, duralast PCV, duralast plug wires, a duralast coil pack, duralast fuel filter.

The only thing duralast, that hasn't lasted is the outer tie-rods which need changed and they haven't been on the car for more than a year or two.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Torque, see if you can find out if those AZ front end parts are from TRW. I gave up that brand many years back as they would never hold up on any P/U or van that I had.
                            When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Originally posted by tooldude View Post
                              Torque, see if you can find out if those AZ front end parts are from TRW. I gave up that brand many years back as they would never hold up on any P/U or van that I had.
                              I'll check and see. But I have also figured out you can tell what brand the parts are, by looking at the photos provided on Autozone's website, and comparing them to different brand photos on Rockauto. That is how I found the Festiva water pump from Autozone was an Airtex waterpump, so I assume that is the supplier for all the water pumps.

But I am having some difficulty using that method though ever since autozone started taking their own pictures of the parts instead of using the stock photos from their suppliers. But I think they are Quicksteer brand steering parts, based on part number, and looks of the parts. I will look at the Festiva tie-rods for confirmation.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                              X