......powered Mercury Capri.

'89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Automatic? No xr2 came automatic. Seller is on crack at that price and doesn't even know what they're selling.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Something shady in Shadyside.....
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

That is an XR2 according to the wing and red stripe trim. It shouldn't be an auto, like B-rad says, they never came in auto, but with that low of miles and every available option... it's worth every bit of the asking price. It's a time capsule, a true collection worthy crapi. If it were an AZ car I may be tempted. I like my XR2, but have way to many cars. Lol.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The wing was standard on the XR2, but was a factory option on the N/As as well. Same with the foglights. So they're good indicators but not a dead giveaway.
          The trim should have red stripe on all 91-93 regardless of turbo.

XR2 never came in an auto option, so either the seller is mixed up or it's not an XR2.
          There's rumors that some of the Ford execs ordered the turbo engine mated to an auto for their wives who couldn't drive standard. I've only ever seen one example of this and it was in Australia, and it was unable to be determined if it was a factory car or if someone had modded it.

194 miles though, damn.

EDIT: There was a red 91 XR2 with 12 original miles, never officially titled so still 'brand new' that sold a few years back on eBay. Pulled $12,500 if I remember right. So the price is pretty spot on, to pretty low IMO
          Last edited by Rocketman; 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM.
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

man i was going to look at this at least. shadyside is right up the hill from me. in pgh, PA. but the ad says shadyside OH and there is a shadyside OH. just as well. i tend to buy cars on emotion rather than sense and don't need another trailer queen sitting in the yard.

Comment

Working...
            X