Everyone change your bypass hose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone change your bypass hose.

The clutch and brake pedal pads are HELP (Dorman) part number 20786. Most parts houses carry this line.

David

Everyone change your bypass hose.

Everyone, if your coolant bypass hose is old (never been changed). Change it. It's easier to do at home than on the side of the road. Don't ask me how I know.

Gates Part #18206 (cut to fit) and a couple of small hose clamps. Its really a easy job.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
      The clutch and brake pedal pads are HELP (Dorman) part number 20786. Most parts houses carry this line.

David
      Rock Auto sells nicer pads, the same style as the Festiva's. Look in early-90s Miatas.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

anybody try to install generic clamp-on "tuner" pedal covers? ha ha. "tuner pedals".

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
          anybody try to install generic clamp-on "tuner" pedal covers? ha ha. "tuner pedals".
          "Tuner" pedal faces for '90-'05 Miata fit the same in Festiva for brake and clutch, a little "fettling" required for the gas pedal.

The current '90-'97 Miata brake/clutch pedal pad is available from Mazda and is exactly the same as Mazda 121/ Festiva.
          I have gotten them as made in Japan and made in Ti land.
          Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-20-2015, 03:55 PM.
          No car too fast !

Comment

Is this thread about pedal pads or coolant hoses?

I checked with O-Reilly. They want a whopping $17 for a single one of those little hoses.

Does our group source in Korea have this item? I could probably buy a dozen there for the same as a few at $17 each!
            88L black, dailydriver
            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg
            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

[QUOTE=AlaskaFestivaGuy;689093]Is this thread about pedal pads or coolant hoses?
              /QUOTE]

Its a merged thread of two posts in the wrong section

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
              X