They forgot the Festiva ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They forgot the Festiva ...

Looking for a car that will last longer than most? Here are some new and used models that have stood the test of time.
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

You are mistaken. Festivas are disposable crapcars that fall apart even before Yugos. At least that's the narrative the industry has to promote to sell new expensive cars.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-25-2015, 08:59 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The Festiva is commonly forgotten on list's as you posted. Their loss. Their list sux anyway
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

The Vibe is basically a matrix. I'm sure the auto trans version was great (because a matrix is basically a corolla hatchback) but the manual trans version had some serious problems. I think Toyota did a full recall on them.
        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Here in Phoenix, we get an interesting take on automotive longevity. Since cars don't rot at all here, you can literally keep one roadworthy forever if you can find the parts to maintain it. Here, in the valley of the sun, we get to see which vehicles really do have staying power. The top 3 longest running Daily driven cars that I see around here are.
          1. VW beetle. Not uncommon to see one weekly from the 60's or even 50's being daily driven, unrestored. It's no surprise really, as these cars were one of the longest sold and had the highest production numbers out of any car for a long time.
          2. Ford Mustang. Again, not uncommon to see a first generation mustang wearing it's sunbaked old paint driving around daily. I have driven a few of these cars and they handle horribly. The V8 cars go okay, and the 6 cylinder cars are dirt slow. I can't explain why they have held on so long, but they have. I love seeing them in unrestored condition.
          3. Ford F series pickup. These things are all over the city still and you see them more often than the two previous vehicles, so maybe this one should be at the top of the list. Either way, they have stood the test of time and continue to work on farms and ranches 60 years after they left the showroom floor.
          One of the big factors in all three of these vehicles still being daily driven after over half a century of use is that parts manufacturers still make everything you need to keep these cars going. Both the Beetle and the Mustang can be completely reconstructed without using 1 original part.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Same situation up here. Some of what is around depends on dealer strength of the 40's 50's and 60's. We also see a lot of cornbinders (IH ). Those old scouts and pickups were tough. Jeeps are another. Nothing could beat the sound of an odd fire V6 with fender well headers , turbo mufflers exiting in front of rear tires.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Yeah, definitely can't leave out Jeep, or anything AMC. The AMC crowd just refuses to give up. I still see an AMX running around once a week and of coarse the occasional Eagle.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What about Matt Farah's million mile Lexus?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

christian scientists. the same people who deny vaccines, check-ups and doctors care to their children encourage preventative and scheduled maintainence and upkeep for a vehicle. the festiva NOT being on the list in their rag is actually a win.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                    christian scientists. the same people who deny vaccines, check-ups and doctors care to their children encourage preventative and scheduled maintainence and upkeep for a vehicle. the festiva NOT being on the list in their rag is actually a win.
                    CS are okay in my book then Even if they don't preach the festy gospel.
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                    X